Monday, August 27, 2007

Surprise !!




Look at that! Never see me for weeks...then...twice in the same day. Hah!

and...I have a sweet surprise.

Chocolate Date Loaf
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt ( optional… lol ….I never use it; I think there is plenty in the butter)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In small bowl combine dates, soda, boiling water and vanilla. Stir; set aside to cool.
In mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating ‘til smooth. Add cooled date mixture and stir.
Measure flour, cocoa, soda, choc. chips and salt into separate bowl. Stir to mix well, then pour flour mixture into mixing bowl. Blend until just moistened. Spoon into large greased and floured loaf pan ( 9 X 5 X 3 inch ). Dust with a bit of cocoa powder instead of flour if you don’t want any white on outside of your loaf. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F or 180 C or until it tests done. Wait about 10 mins. for loaf to cool a bit before removing from pan to a rack to finish cooling.
Yummy, moist … decadent ….










ooops .... sorry... just crumbs left....

2 comments:

Gaby said...

Yummy! I gotta try this one!!!!!!!!
Thanx for posting this recipe, can´t wait to be able to taste it!!!!!

Beedeebabee said...

Oh my goodness, this does sound delicious...and so does everything else I just passed getting here. I have to go back-tracking now! xoxo