Sunday, November 4, 2007

finally...got this recipe on here !!












Lemon Cranberry Muffins

1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Grated zest of about ½ a big lemon
Juice from the lemon..about ½ to ¾ of a cup
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
2 good tbsps. of plain yogurt..or milk, to make dough less dry
Small handful (about ½ cup or less…up to you) of dried cranberries
….. For drizzle….
2 tbsps. lemon juice
1 tbsp. granulated sugar

I use my mixer but by hand is fine too. Beat butter well…add sugar and beat ‘til fluffy; add eggs, one at a time; beating after each addition. Add vanilla, grated lemon zest and lemon juice.. mix well. Measure and mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. If you like a bit of extra salt add it to this mix…I find enough salt with just the butter. Add flour mixture all at once and mix ‘til just incorporated…(too much mixing will make the texture too fine; more like cupcakes!)…if you don’t get enough juice from the lemon..it may seem a bit dry so gently fold in the yogurt…I always add it to mine as I like them nice and moist (but not so moist that they don't hold some shape when I put the mix in the cups) Toss in some cranberries at the same time.. gently fold in….

I use giant muffin cups..so I only get 8 of what I like to call MY size! It probably makes 12 for most folks. Bake at 350F. or 180C for about 20 to 25 mins… check with toothpick … when it comes out clean they are done. If you want to add drizzle…now is the time…. Mix the lemon juice and sugar….poke a few holes in the top of each with a skewer or something similar and drizzle a bit of lemony sugar over each while they are hot. Wait a few minutes if possible..and then…give ‘em a taste!
To make these into Blueberry Muffins... just add some fresh or frozen blueberries instead of the cranberries. Try to toss thawed berries (hopefully they were frozen separately and are not just mush) ick.... with a tiny bit of flour or some sugar and then fold in very gently, just near the end of mixing. Don't over mix..as they will turn the whole muffin streaky blue. Remember, over-mixing also takes away the rustic texture .. ... unless of course, you prefer that ... then... by all means, just mix away. I prefer muffins with a rustic appearance.
















7 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

You are the best!!!! We loved the soup recipe and now scones!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! Thanks and have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

BumbleVee said...

Hey ladies .... tx for stopping by to check out the goodies.

Today I was seriously thinking I may begin to test some Christmas recipes already..... we have a skiff of snow.... Christmas ribbon and cards are already 25% off at the stores...arrghhh... isn't it silly?

Gaby said...

Huh! I was just waiting for exactly this recipe :)))) THANX A BUNCH!!!
Gaby xoxoxo

Gaby said...

I made them today, great taste! Great recipe! I experimented a bit, because I have so many nuts here...replaced 1 cup of flour with one cup of ground macadamia nuts...yummi!!
THANX for the recipe!
Gaby

BumbleVee said...

Hi Gaby

tx so much for letting me know you tried them!

Yes... experimenting is what it is all about isn't it? sometimes we invent something even more yummy!

I add and subtract items all the time. Especially if I begin baking or cooking and then discover I don't have a certain ingredient. hahahh... how does the old saying go? Necessity is the mother of invention?

Glad you enjoyed them.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

These muffins sound wonderful, I want to try them!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for the suggestions!

Katherine

BumbleVee said...

Hi Katherine

tx for visiting... I will look for a pic of our duck..or take a new one when I break out the decorations..