Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cranberry Orange Loaf

Okay!! I know this is not cookies as I promised..but..I did figure out how to get the recipe here from Word ...finally!!! So, I am a happy camper; will go ahead and do my recipes in Word, transfer them and have them as I want them to appear. Yesssss!!

Later today I will get the cookies posted...but first, brekky and then...my friend Maggi from the doll club is coming by to play with some clay or some bear fur ...we haven't yet decided which.........

Easy Cranberry Orange Loaf

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt...(I never use it as I think there is plenty in the butter)
1/2 or 1 tsp. finely grated (or zested) orange rind. (it says of whole orange...ick..too much!)
small handful of cranberries...I used dried from Safeway bulk bins..but Craisins will work too... or fresh or frozen ....

Mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt in bowl. In larger bowl, beat together butter, sugar and egg til smooth. Stir in juice and grated orange rind. Pour in flour mixture... stirring until just moistened. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake in 350F (180 C.) preheated oven for one hour ...until loaf is a lovely brown colour. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Oh, and when you test the center?...If you use a knife to check for doneness?....DONT LICK IT! I did.... OUCH!!!!! Yep that is how I fried my tongue and could hardly talk for two days !! Man... that was hot!


Then.... make tea and enjoy!!!!!! yum....

No comments: