Thursday, January 11, 2024

Chunky Apple Yeast Bread

I love anything with apples in it.  As a matter of fact, if it's a choice... apples will beat out chocolate.  

Too bad nobody makes any of the apple desserts taste great.  It's a sign of the times.  Even good restaurants don't make their own...they order it frozen from ... somewhere..... horrible.  The last 3 times I've ordered a simple apple dessert with ice cream or whipped cream on it...the only thing I ate was a bit of topping after the first bite.  We rarely eat out, and so for me...a huge disappointment.

In my mind bread is not really a dessert...but this one could be eaten with a fork and have some ice cream or whipped cream on top .... just saying..... 

It's a bit soft; sort of like a pull apart bread.  Lots of apples.  And, a lovely soft brioche-like bread... she mentioned having it toasted...but, I think my loaf would have probably fallen apart in the toaster. 

This recipe is from a blog called Seasons and Suppers.  She has lots of lovely recipes for everything... I've tried two and so far ... a big thumbs up from me.  The other one was Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup.  Loved it.  I added a few more ingredients...and, it was so good.  It wasn't ready in the 20 minutes she claimed... but within an hour we had a delicious soup for lunch!

The recipe makes 2 loaves ... and, it made a huge mess in my kitchen .. well, it didn't ....    I did.  I had to stop in the middle to deal with lunch and, then..hurry up to keep on track and schedule..and, well ... next time it will be much easier as I know exactly what I am dealing with.  The patting and rolling out took a lot longer than I thought it would... and I used every available surface in my kitchen to make it happen.

    



After spreading the apples on the rectangle of dough, rolling it.. then, cutting it into pieces and then again down the centre ..you scoop up the bits and just plop them into the tins.  The egg yolk in the apples makes it pretty slippery and, the dough separates from the apples ..... and.... .... and it is a bit messy by then... but...look at this lovely rustic looking loaf...



Maple Syrup glaze...... 



If you love apples ..... this is for you !!




2 comments:

Philip Penrose said...

Very nice, Veronica. Is this 1.5 pounds apple recipe? 👍

BumbleVee said...

it is indeed that very same recipe Philip.... and, it is very yummy I might add!