Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A great Christmas Day ...











Chicken, mashed spuds, Brussels sprouts, old fashioned stuffing (I still use Moms recipe... the best stuffing I have ever tasted!), and, of course, yummy gravy. Ahhhhhhhhhhh ... could not have been better.












The house is littered with plates of many types of baked treats. I have been enjoying myself baking for weeks now. I absolutely love the build up to the day. Probably even more than the actual day if the truth be known.

We thoroughly enjoy admiring our "sparkly" tree for a few weeks of the festive season. It was a peaceful, relaxed, special day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What yummy plate of food. Hope you are having a lovely and safe holiday, too. :)
Alexandra

kari and kijsa said...

What a fabulous Christmas...everything sounds wonderful! So glad that you had a restful day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

kari and kijsa said...

We searched both blogs, but we couldn't find the Christmas card ideas? Can you e-mail us the posts? Thank you for everything that you do!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Susan said...

hi Vee,

everything looks delicious, lovely & perfect and best of all very peaceful.

xo, Jake, Winnie Dixon & S

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hello, I hoped over from Kari & Kijsa. What a great blog you have! I loved your Christmas dinner & the choc covered cherry cookies look divine!
DebraK

nancy said...

Hi. I thought I'd better stop over here, too. What fun. Beautiful christmas things. The doll you use for an avatar looks like one from a book I had out of the library. The dolls were beaded! They were awesome. I also work with poly clay a bit.

Nancy

Tutti Chic said...

What a YUMMY Christmas dinner you had!!! Everything looks so lovely~:) chris

Sandi McBride said...

Okay, can't figure what's happening...but anyway, so glad you visited, just want to say your dinner looks wonderful. So does the tree...have a great 2008 and don't be a stranger!

Louise said...

I agree with you Vee, I enjoy the build up to Christmas so much more than the actual day, I really do always feel let down after the event. Love mashed potato, we had it this evening with our meal. My sparklies will be coming down soon to make way for J's birthday cards! x