Friday, January 2, 2009

Ackkkkkkkkk!














The magazine tarts...and my own little beauties.. if I do say so.... and I'm just cheeky enough to do that...


Just looked on this blog and saw the 357 days til Christmas sign is still up!!! Who needed to know that...already?! However, perhaps it is a good thing....maybe I should have one up somewhere in the house all year 'round...just as a constant reminder that I am getting behind on my Christmas ideas and plans.... hmmmm......

And, it might be a long ways off...but, seeing as I didn't get this great recipe for some wonderful tiny chocolate tarts posted before the day...nor even during the week....... here it is for next year. Or.... you could just try them any old time... 'cuz they are so yummy.....AND....so easy!

The pastry is just butter, cream cheese and flour.... I don't even bother taking out my mixer.

German Chocolate Tarts

1 cup butter or margarine
2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 4 ounce package sweet cooking chocolate, melted (I used semi sweet baking squares)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt (I never use it if I used salted butter)
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut... ( I just tossed in a small handful )
48 pecan halves

Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. With spoon, stir in flour until blended. Wrap each piece in plastic wrap;refrigerate 1 hour or til easy to handle.

Meanwhile, prepare filling: In large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt (if using); mix until smooth.

Cut 1 piece of chilled dough into 12 pieces; press evenly into bottom and up sides of twelve 1 3/4 inch muffin pan cups. (I make them into a ball...flatten the ball and they are already up the sides of the cups when you place them into each...then just shape a bit more) Spoon one-fourth of filling into pastry lined cups until each is 3/4 full; top each with a pecan half. Bake 20 minutes at 350 - 375 .. or until golden brown. Cool cookies 5 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove cookies from pan. Repeat with remaining dough, filling and pecans.
Store cookies in tightly covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Thank goodness you took that reminder off..don't want to think about next Christmas yet! better put it back up in August though! LOL
These little tarts look and sound so good..will definitely make them!
Happy New Year to you too..hope it's a wonderful one for you and your family Gx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, V, those look delish!!

Probably not a bad idea to have that Christmas counter up. This year, I am hoping to make presents throughout the year...would be nice to have them all done by November so I can spend November/December baking and crafting!

:) D

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Those little tarts look so delicious! I'll have to try that recipe for Valentine's Day!