Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blueberries.....

I'm doing Chic Life's blueberry challenge..... ..

This is a recipe I have had for eons. Okay..maybe just decades. It's one of the many recipes in my stash that I just saved and saved... somehow remembering which little booklet of recipes it was in. A prize winning recipes booklet from 1983 if you can believe it. Anyway... finally I got some pumpkin (because it calls for a cup of that) and actually mixed and baked it. Sigh.......................... it was quite bland even though I added some spices and extra moisture because I didn't like the proportions of wet to dry ingredients. What a disappointment... I don't think I will even bother printing out the recipe... but, here is a pic of the winner...and a pic of mine. How can something look so good and taste so....... .. average.........??










My sweetie seems to think it's okay....he is eating it and even seems to enjoy a slice. I can't bother putting calories into "the temple" that aren't amazing to taste. It's just too much work trying to stay trim and keep off unwanted pounds.










......instead of this Indian Cornbread recipe ....

may I offer instead, my own version of Lemon Blueberry Muffins. I played with this recipe one winter and got it to where we loved it. Now, these are worth every minute of my workout.... I make them at least once a month, but, after I eat the one (or sometimes even two) that I allow myself.... ... they get bagged and frozen for Mr. BumbleVee's lunches...











Hopefully I'll get around to trying one more this week..... Blueberry Coffee Cake......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...sorry the first recipe didn't work out. It really does look tasty!

The lemon blueberry muffins, though...wow, those look like real winners! Yum! I wish I could pick it off of the screen and taste it! lol

Thanks for playing!

:) Diana