Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chocolate and gold....

Those seem to have been my favourite colours during the holidays. This delectable liqueur represents only one portion of a tasty Mochatini. Sampled a couple of those ....









..... so, did everybody gain a few Ferraros over the holidays? They are similar to pounds, but are
chocolate and hazelnut and ... ooohhhhh do they add girth to a tummy. But, what rhymes with tummy ...but yummy... and that is exactly why I ate more than my share. Guess what? this week they are on sale 50% off! That's right, I bought some more. Why not? They last a long, long time if I don't open them! 'Course...that'll be the hard part.

I am supposed to be "putting Christmas away" this week...but...look.... more golden chocolates..... and butter cookies...and.... oh, brother, does it never end? I am still enjoying my holidaying...well into this new year. Why not? Other than Valentine's day and birthdays...I usually don't bother with chocolate or many sweets. Bread is more my weakness...



















Okay...look, there are some good things in the frig too....

and I am preparing healthy food and smaller portions..... that should help get us back on track.











a little slice of tenderloin(with spicy curry tomatoes), couscous and veggies..

or orange roughy with a simmered fruity melange over rice..










I was keen to begin some exercise this month...but my foot is still not perfect. Some days it feels pretty good and then...some days it is painful. I think I will begin with shorter stints on the treadmill than I have been trying... even 10 -15 morning, noon and night...might be better than trying for 20 minutes at one go right now. Must strengthen it gradually or I feel I will risk problems .. I want this to be a much more mobile year so am not taking any chances. I am back to doing some light weights, leg lifts front, back and sides... and some rubber band therapy for my shoulder ... wish my back would hurry up too... still a bit painful from the tub incident.... sigh .. always some darn thing.

January is a good time for a clean sweep. I like to check both pantries and re-organize things. Check dates...make sure I am not going to let anything "expire". Absolutely no point in buying on sale or getting any bargains if you let it go to waste is there?

All the dry soup ingredients are on sale right now. I almost think the grocery stores are trying to help out a bit in the budget department. A shame some folks overspend at the Christmas...but they do....and they pay dearly for it in January.











Usually the weather makes it feel a bit more like a soup day too but so far... we have had no winter. Not to say we won't...we will likely get whacked pretty hard by good ol' Mother Nature...and soon...and then, well into spring...and even early summer....that is just how it goes here.

This year I would like to try baking some breads, and have bought a couple of new loaf pans. I am still just tidying for this week ... but will be back to baking and experimenting with a few new things next week.

10 comments:

Naturegirl said...

You are a gal after my own heart with all this chocolate and godiva!!What is going on with your foot...I am recovering from a broken ankle 2 wks prior to Christmas!! Comfort food here and in my chocolate cupboard! Nice meeting you! Hop along chocolate lover!hugs NG

Anonymous said...

mmm Godiva! I have tagged you for a meme on one of my blogs...
http://7babesablogging.com

Sandra Evertson said...

All I can say is Yuummee!
Sandra Evertson

Liz Harrell said...

Spicy curry tomatoes? Yes please!

Darly Dolittle said...

ooooo Godiva ! You have made me so very hungry. I have actually been doing good in 2008 but I think this posting just made me jump ship!
Smiles,
Darly

kari and kijsa said...

We just had to stop by and tell you how much we truly LOVE your comments....everytime we see your name we can't wait to see what you say! Your meal looks very tasty and much nicer than the peanut butter and jelly we are about to fix! LOL!!!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Those dishes look scrumptious! Yes, let's hear it for butter cookies and chocolate ~ great for breakfast and a hot cup of coffee latte.
Alexandra

BumbleVee said...

Nature Girl..me too, still recovering from fractures in my foot and ankle.. happened last Feb..took a long time to sort out and an even longer time to heal it seems.

hi Kari and Kijsa.... gotta keep you girls on your toes! ick... peanut butter.... whip up some lovely home made soup or a crock pot dish or .... well, something .......something good.. ... I do eat well, but don't deny myself the luxuries from time to time. I love the old saying about Die being the first 3 letters of the word DIET ! hahahha... I never diet, just eat better and do more moving if I gain a few pounds.

Tara said...

I saw the Godiva and just had to keep reading, let's face it, it never goes bad and you can indulge all year!
I just began a blog, hope you'll visit! Tara

http://daysmissedonahammock.blogspot.com/

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Came here from Dot's blog. Yep, Ferrero Rochers are big in our house!!!